You have a lot to do in preparation for your big day so let Karwig Wines take one job off the list. We have a large selection of wines perfect for your wedding day. Competitively priced, they match superbly with food and are great for drinking on their own. We would be delighted if you could call down to visit us in our shop in Carrigaline. We have a tasting room and would be happy to open some of our 800+ wines for you to try, at no obligation!
Services we offer:
- Wines at a special price
- Free delivery and collection
- Confirmation that the wine has been received by the hotel
- We offer wine on a sale or return basis – you only pay for what you use
- Free food / wine matching service
Why not email us for a price list of our wedding wines? Or better yet, make an appointment with us to try some wines in our very own tasting room at no obligation? We look forward to meeting with you to discuss wines for your big day.
Popular Wedding Whites
- Chile Viento Norte: Bright, pale yellow with green highlights, intense nose of citrus and green apples, with a faint hint of grass.
- France Claude Val White: Bright gold with green tints. Complex with citrus and white flowers notes evolving toward tropical fruit aromas. Fruity, rich and vivid.
- Italy Pinot Grigio Vivolo: An intense straw colour. The palate is dry, soft and well balanced, due to its full body.
- Spain Zebedeo White: Green fruit aromas of apple, with a hint of lemon. Dry, refreshing, with green fruits of apple; lemon and lime flavours on the palate.
- New Zealand Overstone Sauvignon Blanc: Vibrant passionfruit and gooseberry fruit flavours with a long, fresh finish and lovely balance.
- Australia Kelly’s Patch Sauvignon Blanc: Displays intense aromas of passionfruit, gooseberries and fresh pineapple. A medium bodied wine, with a clean, citrus finish.
- South Africa Kleinrivier Sauvignon Blanc: The wine is full and dry with well-balanced acid. It has tropical fruit, flintiness and hints of asparagus and figs on the nose.
- Italy Pinot Grigio Garganega: Yellow straw colour. The bouquet is unmistakable and immediate, with intense notes of acacia flowers. Dry, full-bodied and well balanced on the palate.
- Chile Valle Andino Chardonnay: Ripe pear and pineapple aromas, mixed with butter and vanilla notes. It is a fresh style of chardonnay, with a medium permanence in mouth.
- Australia Kelly’s Patch Chardonnay: Rich and ripe with aromas of peach and melon and a hint of citrus. A vibrant and crisp palate, this well balanced wine has a long, clean finish.
Popular Wedding Reds
- Chile Valle Andino Merlot: This Merlot offers you a wine with fresh red fruits, specially raspberry, plum and tobacco. A touch of oak, combined with smooth tannins, gives you an balanced wine.
- France Cotes Du Rhone Est-Ouest: Beautiful red colour with Burlat tint. Nose of red fruits squashed, black currants, cherries. Powerful in the mouth with a lot of fruit and soft spices.
- France Claude Val Red: Light garnet red with purple tints. Complex with plum and raspberry notes evolving towards soft spices aromas. Fruity, rich and round. Smooth and well-balanced finish.
- France Merlot Caude Val: Deep purple colour with ruby tints. Complex nose with soft mocha, plum and blackberry. Rich and soft with with ripe tannins. Medium to full body with a good length.
- Italy Velenosi Montepulciano: Ruby red with purple hues. Fresh, with a scent of currant, strawberry and raspberry. Fresh and fruity on the palate, smooth and soft.
- Spain Alto Rio Rioja Crianza: Purplish hues of garnet-red colour. made mainly from Tempranillo grapes that give it its aromas and flavours. Aged for 12 months in American oak barrels.
- Spain Zebedeo Red: A soft and easy drinking wine with blackberry aromas. It is medium bodied, with medium soft tannins and plum and berry flavours. Well balanced with a hint of cedar.
- Australia Kelly’s Patch Merlot: Rich garnet in colour, this wine displays intense aromas of plum and cherries, with a fruit palate and soft finish. French oak adds an extra savoury spicy dimension.
- South Africa Kleinerivier Pinotage/Merlot: The wine has a deep ruby colour. The cherry and red berry character is apparent and complimented by the plum fruitiness of of the Pinotage.
- Australia Kelly’s Patch Shiraz: Deep purple in colour. Intense aromas of dark fruits and spice. Plums, cassis, chocolate and spice intertwine on the nose and palate, resulting in a full bodied wine.